Wednesday 10 July 2013

HE LOVES ME HE LOVES ME NOT: DRY FLOWER MANICURE

Today a lady came into the salon who wanted something for a the Hampstead Court Flower Show where she was going to be reading from her new gardening book. I think it was 'meant to be' because just hours before she called I was researching how to use dried petals in nails. 

I wasn't sure if my flowers would dry in time but luckily 3 days under 4 coffee table books in the hot weather was enough and they were ready to use. I was shocked when I found out that dried petals will last on nails preserved in top coat (a layer underneath and a layer -or two- on top,) I had no idea that it would be so simple!

The flowers are just ones from my garden that I pressed myself, when you dry flowers they get darker so the magenta flowers I had turned a much nicer combination of violet and a darker purple. To contrast this we decided to set them over a pale blue colour by Essie.

I love this manicure and now that I know it works I plan to do some more complex designs with flowers and leaves.

VLXO


No comments:

Post a Comment