Wednesday 3 July 2013

VLXO: INTRODUCTIONS, NEW YORK DOLLS AND HOW TOS


Hello Beautyqueens! I'm Chani/VL and I'm a nail artist. This blog is for sharing my nail tips and designs that I do working in the salon Needles and Nails in Brighton, UK and possibly some other things. 

Today was a quiet day at work so I took the opportunity to do a themed design on my own nails that I had been thinking about this week. My boyfriend, Jerome, is having his first rehearsal for a tour that starts on friday lead by Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls alongside Gary Powell of The Libertines. They will be playing songs from the New York Dolls discography and some of Sylvain's own records too. So in the spirit of this, combined with my getting used to wearing pink nails recently, I did a New York Dolls themed manicure: 

I put the New York Dolls logo on (minus the lipstick) and the transparent/glitz hearts were inspired by a nail diva i only discovered yesterday, known on instagram as thisisvenice, she is awesome! Then I added pink bandanna print to go with the glam rock look the Dolls were known for and then a J in olde english for Jerome (tacky girlfriend club must! I have a J phone charm too I'm not ashamed!) I love the look of black on baby pink <3

All polishes were models own, the pink and black are both nail art pens (yes I painted the backgrounds with a striping brush as we ran out of the normal size of this pink shade :(! ) and the glitter is called 'Blizzard'.

I also (occasionally) do nail tutorials on youtube, I must do more it's just hard to find people to film them for me because whenever somebody comes to help we get distracted catching up and/or drinking and listening to Beyonce! But here are the few that I have done so far:

It's annoying me that all 3 of those videos were filmed when I was on my break from acrylic nails I definitely need to film more now that I have divaclaws again!

I hope you enjoy the tutorials <3
VLXO
instagram: valentinelane


No comments:

Post a Comment