Tuesday 16 July 2013

KAWAIIPRINCESS, LADY DOTS + THE MARBLED EFFECT XO

Today my girl Dodo told me she was in town and wanted to come get cute at my salon, I was excited because she wanted some kawaiiprincess nails and I had been waiting to do something cute like this for a while. In the end we came up with this mix'n'match look with lots of glitz:

The thumbs had her D initials in the Olde English font featured in my PRINCESS post, also in black. She broke a thum nail but I couldnt bare to make all of her nails short too so I thought well if you can't hide it: DECORATE IT!



 We have had lots of 3D bows in the salon and I've been waiting for somebody to ask for them, Dodo chose one pink and one black bow with a jewel in the centre, we also have some that are totally jeweled and silver which I might try out tomorrow.

The polka dots she asked for have been quite popular. I often talk to people who have faced the dilemma of wanted polka dotted nails but don't want it to look too childish or 'toy' as I call it. To make them look a little more lady like and grown I make the dots much smaller and spaced out, avoiding super bright colours also helps, here are some examples:


I got lots of compliments when I wore this style, lots from people who usually hate polka dots (I usually hate them too,) so I deemed this look a success!

Another style that I have been asked for more times than I can count is the marbled nails. I love doing them it makes me feel like I'm painting a Claude Monet painting or something even though I'm just mixing colours. The trick to getting a perfect marble is to use as many thin brushed polishes as possible. I tend to use one normal polish to drop a thick spot oof colour then two thin striper poishes to blend the colours together.  I might make a video on this design as it's super easy and I believe anybody can do it once the know how.

Here is a pink marble I did last week for a birthday girl:

I did my own marbled nails shortly after as it's something quick to do and I was going to thebeach wsith my boyfriend after work. The next night I was geting ready to go to the club with two of my best friends and she had an amazing glitter polish I wanted to try,  (I can't remember who it was by :( sorry) I put the glitter over the marble and it came out sooooo cute!

I definitely need to add this glitzed upgrade to my design menu!!

VLXO

No comments:

Post a Comment