Wednesday 17 July 2013

HOLOGRAPHIC GLITZ


I saw a look similar to this with clear tips on naominailsnyc Instagram, I LOVE her work she uses texture so well! I remembered that I had some holographic nail art paper that was sent to be instead of some nail wraps I ordered from eBay so I thought FINALLY something to use this for! 

This is the foil I used you can find it on eBay if you just type in holographic nail foil :) 


Cut tiny triangles from this and set them in glitter polish. The first polish I applied to the bottom half of the nail was one by a company called BW that was a gift from Thailand. I placed the foil pieces onto this then put a coat of Blizzard by models own over the top. 


Then I put a blue Essie polish called Who Is The Boss on the tip and used the BW glitter to blur out any straight edges to give a perfect fade.


I put a second coat of blue in any parts that required it as Essie polish is very thin. Then went in with my current favourite top coat by Rimmel. 


This look is very easy to achieve I want to try it with lavender tips next time!

To see how sparkly they are in daylight there us a video on my Instagram: valentinelane

VLXO

No comments:

Post a Comment